Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Additional Sources for Debate Material

During the Q&A of my debate on Islamic terrorism I made a couple of statements that I wanted to document as I indicated I would.

I had mentioned that the whole world stands on one side prepared to accept an independent Israeli state at the 1967 borders while Israel, the US, and a few stragglers are on the other side. The roll call of the most recent vote is here. I think I had said it was 165 nations ready to accept peace, but really it is 164.

Also Norm had talked about how the Hamas Charter does not permit the existence of an Israeli state. This is true, but it's also true that the Israeli political party Likud doesn't permit the existence of a Palestinian state "west of the Jordan river." Meaning they already have Jordan and they get nothing else. You can read the charter here.

I'd also mentioned that the Taliban had offered to hand Osama bin Laden over. Proof is here.

No comments: